Civil Engineering is the art of directing the great sources of power in nature for the use and convenience of man; being that practical application of the most important principles of natural Philosophy which has in a considerable degree realized the anticipations of Bacon, and changed the aspect and state of affairs in the whole world. It refers to the practice of organizing the design and construction, [and we would add operation] of any artifice which transforms the physical world around us to meet some recognized need.
The Department of Civil Engineering has following Mission: –
- To produce qualified civil engineers who will challenge the present & enrich the future.
- To have regular interaction with industry.
- To make academic up to date with Industry requirement by teaching beyond Curriculum Theory & Practical.
- To procure staff from different specializations and expert areas for enhancement of career specific skill set
Specialization in Civil Engineering
- Construction Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Water Resources Engineering
- Construction Technology
- Management Engineering
- Geotech Engineering
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve civil engineering problems.
- Understanding the importance of teamwork, professional and ethical responsibilities.
- Broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic environmental and societal context.
- Ability to use the techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.