General books for normal loan can be borrowed out at the Circulation Counter. Borrowing privileges for the various categories of users are as follows:
- Students may borrow a maximum of 3 books at a time for 14 days.
- Book Bank Members may borrow a maximum of 5 Books at a time for entire semester.
- Tech students have been given a privilege to borrow the books for 28 days at a time.
- Faculty members may borrow a maximum of 5 books at a time for entire semester.
- Non-teaching staff (Below lecturer grade) may borrow a maximum 2 books at a time for entire semester.
- Currents issues and unbound issues of journals are to be used only in the IRC
- Reference materials are to be used only with in the IRC. However faculty members may borrow certain reference materials at the discretion of the Principal/Librarian.
CD’s & Audio-Visual Materials
- All CD’s & audio-visual materials are to be used in the IRC. However they may be issued on specific request basis for a day or two. Academic staff may borrow certain audio-visual materials for 1 week.
- Dissertations/project reports may be borrowed for 2 hours.
- Dissertations/project reports are not to be brought out of the IRC.
- Photocopies of Dissertations and project reports can only be made on written permission by the author or appropriate authority.
Other IRC Materials
- For the borrowing of other IRC materials, borrowers are to consult the Librarian.
General rules of circulation
- Items loaned to a user are for the personal use of that user only and remain the responsibility of the user until they are returned to the IRC.
- All items on loan shall be returned by their due date and time.
- Users are requested to verify the physical condition of the book/document at the time of its lending. They will be held responsible for any damage caused thereafter.
- All items on loan may be subject to recall before their due dates if requested by another user, by the Librarian. Recalled items shall be returned without delay.
- All items on loan shall be returned on expiry of membership of the IRC. College staff and student membership expires when employment or attendance at College ceases.
- Users for whom items are obtained through the IRC-inter library Loans service shall abide by any conditions imposed on the use of these items.
- The IRC staff cannot be held responsible for non-delivery of IRC notices about overdue or recalled books or other matters.
- The Librarian may lend, refuse to lend, or restrict the circulation of any item, or recall any item from loan at any time.
- Borrowers are to produce their IRC membership cards when borrowing IRC materials.
- No books or IRC materials may be brought out of the IRC until the loan has been recorded. Unauthorized removal of IRC materials is regarded as a very serious offence.
- The normal loan period for books is two weeks. The IRC, however, may fix varying loan periods for different types of materials or users as it deems fit.
- All borrowers must, at the end of each semester, settle any overdue loans before they are permitted to borrow again.
Books must be returned by the due date or earlier if recalled by the Librarian. Failure to return a book by the date specified will be treated as a serious offence.
The IRC will endeavour to send overdue notices but will not be held responsible for non-delivery, under whatever circumstances.
Overdue fine levied on borrowers for books is as follows:
- 5/ per day per item for books and bound volumes of serials.
- 50/- per day per item for reference books.
Loss and Damage
Borrowers will be held responsible for materials out on loan. If the material is lost, an immediate report should be made to the Librarian to enable appropriate action to be taken. The borrower will have to replace the book and pay the overdue fine if any. If the book is one of a set or series they may be asked to pay/replace for whole set or series.
IRC materials, which have been borrowed, may be renewed if another user has not reserved them. Users need to bring the books to the IRC for getting them re-issued.