All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) Ministry of HRD, Government of India has introduced Entrepreneurship oriented Skill development courses of B.Voc/D.Voc/Skill Diploma. These courses will be run by AICTE approved institutes by using available infrastructure and facilities. In these courses the institute will conduct general education content and sector specific skills will be imparted by Skill Knowledge Providers/ Training Providers/ Industries.
- To provide judicious mix of skills relating to a profession and appropriate content of General Education.
- To ensure that the students have adequate knowledge and skills, so that they are work ready at each exit point of the programme.
- To provide flexibility to the students by means of pre-defined entry and multiple exit points.
- To integrate NSQF within the Diploma, undergraduate level of higher education to enhance employability of the students and meet industry requirements. Such student apart from meeting the needs of local and national industry are also expected to be equipped to become part of the global workforce.
- To provide vertical mobility to students admitted in such vocational courses. · The certification levels will lead to Diploma/Advanced Diploma/B. Voc. Degree
in Software Development and will be offered by respective affiliating University/Board of Technical Education.
- Students may be awarded Level Certificate/Diploma/Advance Diploma /Degree as out-lined in the Table below:
After successfully completing the vocational course, the student would have acquired relevant appropriate and adequate technical knowledge together with the professional skills and competencies in the field of Software Development so that he/she is properly equipped to take up gainful employment in this Vocation. Thus he/she should have acquired: –
Understanding of Software Development
(a) The relevant basic concepts and principles in basic science subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) so that he/she is able to understand the different vocational subjects.
(b) The basic concepts in engineering drawing.
(c) The concepts, principles of working of basic electronic devices and circuits.
(d) The knowledge of testing procedure of components and circuits by making use of different test instruments.
(e) The procedure of making P.C.B.
(f) The concepts and principles used in Radio/Audio/Video Systems and Communication devices and its maintenance.
Adequate Professional Skills and Competencies in
(a) Testing different software’s.
(b) Testing the performance of electronic circuits.
(c) Locating the fault at component level and at the stage level.
A Healthy and Professional Attitude so that He/She has
(a) An analytical approach while working on a job. (b) An open mind while locating/rectifying faults. (c) Respect for working with his/her own hands.
(d) Respect for honesty, punctuality and truthfulness
NSQF compliant skills in Qualification developed by sector skill council in IT/ITeS sector